Learn all about 75 gallon aquarium dimensions, stand plans, setup, hood, kit and filter.
This aquarium will draw the eye immediately because of its size and it will look even better after you decorate it with your favorite aquascaping.
Aquarium stands are an integral part of the aquarium system. The canopy serves many purposes other than just covering the aquarium. It is designed to cut down on evaporation and keep aquatic life from escaping the aquarium.
Any large tank must be supported on a well-designed stand manufactured or constructed with weight of the water it must suspend firmly kept in mind. In the case of 75-90 gallon aquarium stand the weight will be between 750 – 1000 pounds when you use an average of 10 pounds per gallon. Water weighs about 8 pounds per U.S. gallon. The extra two pounds per gallon capacity is the added weight of the decorations and gravel or other substrate that is heavier per volume than water is.
What is 75 gallon aquarium?
75 Gallon Aquarium is ideal for becoming your aquatic pride and joy. It features thick glass and center braced frames that prevent the glass from bowing. It is strong and durable and has no problem holding your fish, small animals and reptiles along with the water or other accessories that they need. It features 2 24” fluorescent hood lamps to light up your aquarium and make it look incredible.
75 gallon aquarium Dimensions
Aquarium dimensions and sizes may vary slightly by brand or by trim type and color. The aquarium dimensions of one brand of tank may be slightly larger (or smaller) than the aquarium dimensions for the same gallon tank of a different brand. Similarly, the aquarium dimensions of a tank with one color trim may be a slightly different aquarium size compared to the same gallon tank with a different color trim. This slight difference in aquarium dimensions may not be a significant concern in most cases. But it’s something to keep in mind, especially if buying a tank of one brand and an aquarium hood, cover or an aquarium stand of another brand, for instance.75 Gallon Aquarium: 48 x 18 x 21 – 48 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 21 1/8.
75 gallon aquarium Stand Plans
An aquarium stand adds to the looks of your fish tank by acting as a beautiful prop. The dimensions of the 75-90 gallon aquarium stand are 48″ x 18″, which are very close to the actual dimensions of the standard glass aquarium the unit is designed to support. In most cases it is best to obtain the aquarium before building the stand. There are often plastic rims and frames added to the glass box. These frames are not part of the original calculation of the aquarium dimensions for the most part. The frame can add between 1/4″ and a 1/2″ to the overall footprint of the tank on the stand.
75 gallon aquarium Setup
Aquarium setup steps are:
- The first thing that you need to understand about taking care of fish is that you’re going to have to change the water.
- If you are building your aquarium stand from a kit (which many of them come in) then you’ll want to be absolutely sure that you get every screw and piece correct.
- The only thing that you have to remember is that on anything that is inside the water as well as plugged in, you can’t let the water reach your electrical outlet, so the cord’s lowest point has to be lower than the plug, so that the water can’t run down the cord to the socket.
- Set up your filters (the user manuals are your friend; Google too) and attach all necessary equipment. Try to set it up so that you won’t have to move anything around when you do maintenance.
- Now, you can fill your tank with water
- Your heater should be set to about 78 degrees Fahrenheit for most freshwater fish.
- Once your fish tank is mature (meaning it is running like it is supposed to) you won’t have to worry about nitrite and ammonia. However, you’ll have to monitor nitrite levels, water softness or hardness and the pH of the water.
75 gallon aquarium Hood
Glass hoods are the best choice for limiting evaporation and keeping jumping fish in the aquarium. They are economically priced, available in a variety of sizes, and can be used by themselves just as a top or with a strip light placed on top. Glass hoods are versatile and allow the most flexibility in lighting types and configuration. When choosing the right hood, the type of livestock that you are going to keep in the aquarium will also need to be taken into consideration prior to purchasing a hood. If you are not sure or are thinking that you may switch the type of species you are going to keep in the future, a glass hood is the best choice due to its versatility.
75 gallon aquarium Kit
75 gallon aquarium Kit includes following things;
- Glass Cover
- Fluorescent Light with bulb
- Air Pump
- Airline Gang Valve, Tubing
- Biological Sponge Filter
- Submersible Heater
- Biological Starter
- Water Conditioner
- Aquarium Net
- Elmer’s Handbook
75 gallon aquarium Filter
There are many types of aquarium filters you can choose for your 75-gallon fish tank; however, a canister or power filter may be a good choice for this large-sized tank. In this review, I will cover some of the best aquarium filters rated for a 75-gallon aquarium that you can choose from based on your needs and budget.
- Cascade 1000 Canister Filter. Cascade 1000 Canister Filter
- Emperor 400 Pro Series Bio-wheel Power Filter. Emperor 4000 by Marineland
- Fluval 406 External Canister Filter. Fluval 405 Canister Filter
- Rena 721 Filstar XP2 Canister Filter
- AquaClear 110 Aquarium Power Filter
- Penn Plax Cascade 1000 ideal for 75-gallon aquariums
- AquaClear 110 power filter
- Aqueon QuietFlow 55/75 LED PRO